6 rules for gaining mass
Jun 19, 2022
Athletes are constantly working in the gym to reduce, support or gain weight. Gaining weight for an athlete means building muscle mass. Everyone knows that it can be difficult to gain “clean” muscle mass and increase weight. The main thing in this business is patience and following a few simple rules.
Muscle building rules
Learn 6 basic rules that will help you gain muscle mass.
1) More food is better. Your body will be better off if you take in more calories than you burn. In other words, just eat more.
In this case, it is up to you to figure out what daily calorie intake will help you maintain weight. Then add 200-300 kcal to the daily allowance and watch the number on the scale every week. As soon as you observe dynamic changes, it will indicate that you have had enough. If the weight is not increasing, add another 200 kcal/day. Keep doing this until you notice the result, if there is still no change, consult a doctor to find out the reasons.
2) Food must be nutritious. Meals should be not just high-calorie, but also nutritious and contain the correct amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, trace elements, vitamins and fiber. “Zero” meals are also allowed, that is, you can eat those foods that consist only of calories, but such meals should not be daily. Gaining mass, it is allowed to treat yourself to something delicious once a week, but not more often.
3) Don't be afraid of fats. Fats should be included in the diet, but they should be high quality fats, namely polyunsaturated fatty acids, which are found in such foods:
They affect hormonal function and are higher in calories than proteins and carbohydrates.
4) Maintain water balance. On average, daily water consumption is within 2 liters. But with active training, a large amount of water is excreted along with sweat. In fact, there are no validated studies that point to optimal water intake.
5) Adjust your calorie intake. If in the early stages you do not get the result, try changing the diet. You can change the diet by adding proteins, carbohydrates. It is worth noting that protein has a high thermic effect of food, the body spends a lot of energy digesting protein, and this does not allow you to gain weight effectively.
6) Make a training program. The training program plays an important role in gaining muscle mass. High-quality muscle mass will not be gained during classes in the standard mode. To minimize weight gain and get great results, balance your diet, exercise regularly, and get enough sleep.